Saturday, September 08, 2007

Rainbow and sunset

Fall is coming! Today was a typical September Fall day. Cool (60s) and a mix of weather: rain, clouds, wind, calm, sun.

The rain didn't amount to much - three hundredths - but it was scattered throughout the afternoon.

I baked a loaf of pumpkin bread and some muffins. And did other stuff in the house I had put off these past weeks because I had worked outside. I found that the pocket gopher that was in my garden must have left after my last deep garden watering. I found the dirt mound where I first noticed him, but no more signs of him in my garden since then.

In the evening I watered my garden and the clouds opened clear to the west to allow us to see the last rays of sun for the day. Even though we had no rain since the afternoon I saw a large rainbow.



A short time later I saw some interesting clouds and then a beautiful red and orange sunset. My cheap camera couldn't capture the subtle colors, but here is one photo that is ok.

No comments: