Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Below freezing

The predicted low temperature Monday night was 34 F. The actual overnight low temperature was 31 F. Below freezing! And the date is... June 26!

I didn't get up early enough to see if there was frost around my place. By the time I got up the temperature was in the 50s F. I didn't find out about the low temperature until the 10 pm weather report so I hadn't a chance to look my garden over for frost damage. I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the plants earlier. Hopefully, unlike Fall, the Spring warming of the ground radiated enough heat overnight to prevent frost from forming on the garden plants. It would be ironic to have my garden damaged by frost after I planted it so late this year.

Tonight's low temperature is not suppose to be cold as it is predicted to be 40 F. It currently is 50 F now. Tomorrow's high temperature is predicted to be 90 F. A 50 degree change during the day.

Montana. That is where I live.

No comments: