Thursday, September 01, 2022

Tree branch on my power line

Last week a small tree branch fell on the power line to my house.  Actually, on the wire cable that goes between the power poles on my place.  Initially the branch was on the wire over the road.


Then a few days later the branch moved down the cable and was over my property.  The wind must have blown it along the cable.   The way my luck had been recently I didn't want to chance something bad may happen.   If you look at the previous photos you see a short large "thing" on the power line and on the cable.  They are how the lines were put back together after a tree fell on the line and cable ten or so years ago.  There are a number of splices on each line as the line and cable broke in several places. I didn't want to trust the splices wouldn't come apart due to this small branch.  Today I got my orchard ladder and a long pole and got the branch off the cable.  Success.

No comments: