Thursday, September 15, 2022

Irrigation shed vent

The end of August I had stacked the irrigation pipes. It took three days - one day for each line of sprinklers - to gather the sprinkler pipes and stack them.  Also in the stack are the mainline pipes that go out in the hayfield.


Then I finished the work on the vent for the irrigation shed roof.  Since the pump had trouble operating when it was over 90 degrees outside, I figured putting a vent in roof would help cool off the interior of the irrigation shed.  While still irrigating I cut a hole in the roof.  Since no rain was in the forecast I didn't put the vent over the hole.  I figured having an open hole would let more heat escape than if the vent was in place.  Still, even with the hole, the irrigation pump would turn off when it got so hot outside.

I've now placed the vent on the roof.




No comments: