Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Willow trees and beaver

A few days ago I spent some time to protect my willow trees from the beaver(s) at the river bank.  I had seen the beavers were active on some of the willow trees.  Time to do something.

First, I discovered the beaver had dug under a fence protecting a willow tree.  I went and got some extra wire to use as a fence where the beaver had dug.  When pushing the dirt back in place I discovered under some dirt some small wire I had previously used as a fence at that spot.  The beaver had taken the wire off the fencing.   The new wire I added should be able to stay in place.   I'll see...




You can see the willow tree where the beaver got to.



Here you can see where a beaver climbed above the wire around the lower part of this willow tree to get at the willow tree.


Here is another willow tree where a beaver climbed above the wire surrounding the tree to then eat off part of the willow tree.  I added sections of wire to make another fence around this willow tree.  Maybe this new fence will keep the beaver away from this tree.

No comments: