Friday, September 02, 2022

NE pasture

Late this afternoon I let the cattle into the NE pasture.  First I had to do some work to protect some of the trees.  This Spring the cattle bent some metal posts and fencing in order to get to some of the caragana trees.  So I redid those posts and fencing to protect the caragana trees.

Then the posts and fencing around a few of the evergreen trees. Last year I had redid the posts and fencing around other evergreen trees in the NE pasture.  This year I redid and enlarged the fencing around two of the other three evergreen trees that were trying to outgrow the fencing and where the cattle tried to push through the fencing to reach these trees.  


The third tree's fencing I'll do another time.


After I let the cattle into the Ne pasture.



After I let the cattle into the NE pasture I noticed they had once again tried to break the wooden salt feeder.  They only had been in the north pasture where the salt feeder is located for a few days.  I had last fixed this salt feeder the end of July last year.  I had to fix the legs once again.  Two new legs and new end boards.


While I was nailing the end boards some of the nails would bend as I nailed them.  I had to go get a pair of pliers to straighten the nail and hold it as I nailed the nail.  Not everyone nail.  One of the last nails started to bend as I nailed it.   But I couldn't find the pliers. I looked for five to ten minutes and couldn't find the pliers.  I had not left the area since I last used the pliers, and it was only minutes since I last used the pliers.  Where are they?!!!  Finally I went and got a search magnet and another pair of pliers.  Using the magnet I couldn't find the pliers.  So I used the other pliers to finish nailing the boards.

After I had the tools and extra boards put away I searched for the pliers one last time.  I finally found the pliers in the grass and dirt away from where I had been working.  Why there?  I don't know.

The other 'lost' item is really annoying me right now.  Last week when riding my bicycle I found a pair of sunglass on the shoulder of the highway.  No lens scratch.  A great pair of sunglasses and ones that look great.  My favorite sunglasses now.  Well... today I took them off when working.  I then forgot about them.  When working on fixing the salt feeder I remembered I left the sunglasses somewhere.  All I can remember is leaving the sunglasses on a fence post somewhere.   Where?  I don't remember.   I had to set the sunglasses on a fence post as putting them in my pocket would most likely crack or break them.  I looked around this evening and can't find the sunglasses.  It is really annoying me.  I'll have to relook tomorrow.

No comments: