Thursday, May 19, 2016

Tree stump 5

I am done with tree stump 5.  Last Wednesday I finished digging around the stump, pulled it out with my tractor, and filled the dirt back into the hole.


Here is tree stump 5 before I started to dig around it.


As I dug around side roots I was able to use my tractor to pull them from the ground.  The above photo is a "before" look and the following photo is an "after" look.




Here are the side roots I just pulled out from the one side.

 Now that I dug all the way around the stump, the following photo shows in the tractor's bucket the last of the side roots pulled out of the ground.



The main root remains.


The hole after the main root was pulled out of the ground.


Main root - before.

Main root - after.

Half of the main root. The other part is still laying in the hole as the root broke in two as I pulled it from the hole.

After the hole was filled back in.


For those of you who don't follow Daisy the Cat's blog, as you can see in the previous photos, she 'helped' me with the tree stump.  Here is a link to the post with photos of her and the tree stump as I was digging around it:

http://tallpinescat.blogspot.com/2016/05/working-on-tree-stump-5.html

No comments: