Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Calf 11 - Panda's

Based on Panda being the first to have sex with Buddy when I released Buddy to be with the cows last June, I expected Panda to be the first cow to have a calf this year.  Instead she was cow number eleven. Even Rose, a first time heifer, gave birth earlier (though not by much).  And Panda gave birth more than three weeks I had expected.  That meant Panda didn't "take" during her first heat cycle.  I guess by the time she and Buddy got it on she was past her fertile stage in that heat cycle.

Anyway... Panda gave birth the same day as Rose did - on Saturday April 23.  Panda appears to have given birth around the time Rose did or shortly after.

Since Panda had trouble giving birth last year I was concerned how it would go for her this year.  She again gave birth to a large calf (a steer) but this year it appears she did not have had any problems giving birth.






No comments: