Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Lilacs and bicycling

Last night when I was out on a bicycle ride at sundown I came upon a skunk running along the side of the other side of the road going the same direction as me.  When I caught up to the skunk it heard me and spun around to face me. I could hear its claws skitter on the pavement as it spun around.  I kept going and was out of there before it could turn around to spray me.


Earlier that afternoon when riding my bicycle I was surprised by a guy on a motorcycle.  I was riding on the shoulder of the highway and made a right turn.  Because of the rough road at the intersection I was a couple feet from the side of the road when I turned.  In the middle of my turn a guy on a motorcycle rode between me and the side of the road a few feet away.  Crazy!  I almost collided with him.  The last thing I need is another broken collarbone.  Between the highway traffic noise and his coasting in to the turn I didn't hear his motorcycle.  As he accelerated away his little motorcycle went "Rrrrrwwweeee" in a high pitch whine.   I yelled out at him a few choice words at his stupidity.  Yet another example of why car insurance rates are so high in Flathead County - the high number of idiots here driving vehicles.


Lastly.... on a more positive note.  The lilacs and flowering shrubs are in bloom.  A few weeks early this Spring due to the warm weather.


No comments: