Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Tree stump 4

So far this year I have burnt one tree stump.  I have dug around four tree stumps (including the one I burnt).  Today I finished digging around the fourth stump.  This was the easiest to dig around - if you call digging around tree stumps ever easy.

This stump had a tap root.  The stump didn't have too many side roots.  For the side roots the stump had, after digging around them quite a bit, I was able to put them out of the ground using my tractor, with some roots easier to pull than others.

Today I pulled the final side root and was able to easily pull up the main root.  The side root took much more effort - and extra digging - before I got it out.

No burning of this stump.

With all of the stump out of the ground I used the tractor to push the dirt back in the hole.  This goes much quicker than how I did this in the past - using a shovel.

An earlier side root

Main stump and side root today.

Main root

Last side root - which was hard to pull out of the ground.

Empty hole

Covered hole

The next stump to dig around - stump 5

No comments: