Monday, May 30, 2016

Cattle in yard, day 3

A mostly uneventful day with the cattle in the yard - which is good.  A few hiccups... one is a shrub I apparently forgot to cover.  Some of the shrub is still there when I discovered my mistake.  Another is Rose sticking her head through some field fence to reach a dozen or so tall blades of grass near the ornamental trees by the patio.  When I came out to chase her off I didn't realize she had her head through the fence.  When she quickly backed up her head was caught in the fence and she started pulling the fence away with her.  I had to jump on the fence until she turned her head and got free of the fence.

I also hung some old baling net wrap on the lower lilac bush.  The cattle love the leaves and the field fence wasn't protecting the leaves much once the cattle found the leaves.



Once the cattle finish eating down the yard, and their large bale of hay, I will let them into the NE pasture.  Today I build fences around four of the trees to protect them from the cattle.  I had fences around these trees in the past but they outgrew those fences.



Sunset this evening.

No comments: