Sunday, May 29, 2016

Cattle in yard, day 2

Beulah and Rose were laying near the gate this morning waiting for me to open it to let them back into the yard.


First I had to fix the fence that Buddy broke yesterday.


Since I plan on rebuilding this section of fence after Buddy is released from the corral later this month, I mostly patched the fence.   Hence the board on top of the one section.   I should have put another board on the section to the left as early this evening I found Buddy had broken that log.  I had to put a board across that section as a patch.



Here is a 1 minute 31 second video of the cattle when I let them into the yard this morning:  https://youtu.be/IulLRQrtUNY

As you can see in the video Buddy has gotten rid of most of his Winter fur.  This evening while filling the cattle's water trough I used a rake to scratch him where he still has some Winter fur.  He loved it and forgot about the cows while I scratched him.


Late afternoon, now that the yard has been gone over once, some cattle are getting picky and are looking for other stuff to eat instead of the remaining grass.  Here Beulah is eating the lower leaves on a box elder tree.



I have enough grass for one more day tomorrow.  However I will have to watch them like a hawk as some of the cattle will try to eat items they shouldn't or try to eat over the fence.

No comments: