Tuesday, July 02, 2024

More baler problems

My new roller arrived Monday morning at John Deere.  I brought the wrong roller from last week to get my money back.  I brought the broken roller to compare and see if they ordered the correct roller this time. They did.   But then I asked why the new roller didn't have nuts in each end of it.  The nuts on each end hold a rod that goes through the roller.  Because it wasn't ordered.  Really?!! I am relying on John Deere to get me the right parts.   First they ordered the wrong roller.  Then they didn't include the rod in the correct roller.   John Deere's parts department is pretty bad.

Also I didn't want to pay the $86 for shipping the wrong roller.  They said they would take care of it.  When I got home I checked the receipt and they didn't give me the $86 back.

Also, the wrong roller cost $810.  The correct roller cost $2076.  What?!  I had no choice and paid to get the correct roller.  Shipping the correct roller cost me an extra $95 in addition to the $2076.  Then add in the rod.  That will cost $532 more.   Since my hay is baled I don't need the rod quickly.  I told them I can wait and ship the rod as cheaply as possible.  It should arrive next week.

When I got home I took the rollers over to the baler and talked with Curtis.  We are going to try to take the rod out of the bad roller and put it in the good roller.  We'll see if we can do that, and if it works I will not buy a new rod and save $532.

We didn't try to work on the rod today as it started to rain while we were talking.  Then it poured.  We had several rain events today.  The rain events were thunderstorms and not everywhere in the valley.  I checked the weather service.  It is located about three or so miles from my place.  The first time it poured at my place, and I had standing water everywhere, the weather service only got .05 inches.  The second time it rained at my place it was a lighter amount.  The weather service got more rain then at .29 inches.  I think I got more rain than the weather service's measuring location today.

I am so glad I got my hay baled on Saturday.  We are predicted to have rain events Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.  If my hay wasn't baled it would have gotten totally ruined by this rain.

No comments: