Sunday, July 07, 2024

Lawn mowed, and trees

Yesterday and today I mowed my yard.  The first mow of the year.   I first let the cattle eat the grass down in the yard the beginning of June.  Then I let the manure dry.  Then I cut the grass the cattle didn't eat.  This year it took me a little longer to mow the yard as June was a little wet, and I had some other projects that took priority.  But the yard is mowed now.



Jan's son Kerry is visiting from his home in Missouri.  I got talking about my hawthorn trees and its thorns.  He told me about thorny trees on his property.  His trees sound worse than my hawthorn trees.  Who would have thought.  I'm glad I don't have these types of trees.

He has Honey locust trees, also known as thorny locust trees.



And he has Osage Orange trees.   These are trees that Native Americans used to make war clubs and bows.   And the wood has a high heat value when burnt.

No comments: