Monday, September 11, 2023

This and that

A little of this and that today.  I took a little time to repair one of the broken corral fence boards.  Which led to repairing another broken corral fence board.  Which led to repairing a fence board I accidently broke last Winter when dumping snow across that fence.

First, I let the cattle back into the NE pasture because they complained and wanted to go there.  The grass is mostly eaten down, but, what the heck, let them in.  They ran to the gate to the fruit tree area, which was closed.  They were not happy.  They remembered and wanted back in the fruit tree area so they could try to get back into the yard.  Not this day.

Running to the fruit tree area gate.


While I fixed (replaced) the corral's broken loading runway fence board the cattle came and stood at the corral gate and "asked" to be let into the corral.  Once I fixed the board I let the cattle into the corral.  I also left the gate open to the loading runway as I wanted the grass eaten down there.  I still plan to replace the loading runway's wooden gate and less grass there would be good.

After the cattle were let into the corral I then realized I had to fix the broken corral fence board the cattle broke yesterday, or was it the day before?

I found the right length (8 ft long) board and replaced the broken board and nailed the wire fencing back to the new board.

When looking for a replacement board for the corral fence, I also looked for a replacement board for the board I broke with the snow dump.  That is a 9 ft long board.  After a few attempts I found a 9 ft board.

I only have two spots in the corral fences (3 boards) to replace and fix.  Another day. 

When the cattle were in the corral while I fixed the last two boards a number of cattle mooed at me, which got annoying after a bit.   They either wanted apples from me, or for me to let them into the grass to eat the grass there.

Loading runway fence fixed.  The bottom board was broken earlier.


Once I was done with the fence work I went to Donna's house.  There I dug a 12 ft long, 18 inch deep, trench that will hold the pipe between her new propane tank and her house.

No comments: