Sunday, September 10, 2023

Fixing the Divas handywork from yesterday

This morning I fixed the cattle 'handywork' from yesterday.

I picked up the spilled apples.

I repaired the broken fence.


This is a cherry tree where the cattle tipped over and removed the fence protection covering the tree.  Then the cattle ate the leaves.



This is the English Walnut tree trying to come back to life.   The cattle pulled off some of the lower leaves.  The lower branches were also pulled downwards.  I removed them.



Not all of the tree has come back to life.  When trimming the lower new branches, I also trimmed some of the older bare (dead?) branches.  For now I am leaving the remaining upper bare branches in case they come back to life.  It appears the tree is still trying to active some of the bare branches.  It is going slowly.  My favorite tree is fighting to come back to normal.


The cattle hung outside the corral all morning.  I decided to let them in the main part of the corral to eat the weeds.  Soon I plan to replace the earlier broken fence boards and replace the wooden gate.  Less vegetation will make it easier to work.


Later the cattle mooed at me.  They now wanted either more apples, or to be let back into the yard.  They got neither.  I went for a bicycle ride.  When I got back the cattle were in the south pasture.  But I found this corral fence board now broken.  *sigh*   Those divas.  A repair for another day.



Here you can see the weeds are now eaten down.

No comments: