Saturday, September 02, 2023

New irrigation pipe support

While I store the mainline pipes and most of the sprinkler lines of pipes in the south pasture, I store the sprinkler line pipes that cross the NE pasture, and the extra pipes in the fruit tree area.  They were stored on an old and antique irrigation pipe wagon.  I had never completely unloaded the pipes from the wagon.  The wagon wasn't acting good lately so it was time to unload all the pipes and check the wagon.

I found the wagon is past its prime. The wheels had sunk into the ground and the wood was all rotten.





The wagon's time has passed.  I cut some of the wood off.  I spent time unbolting other pieces of wood.  That was hard as the nuts didn't want to turn off the bolts.  WD-40 and effort removed most bolts.  One bolt wouldn't budge so I hacksawed it into two pieces.

The new support method is similar to what I use in the south pasture.  I lay the pipes onto short pieces of railroad ties to keep the pipes off the ground.

I moved over the pipes a bit as three box elder trees planted themselves and grew among the pipes on the wagon.  I also put into the ground on each side some old short wooden fence posts I had replaced when re-building fence.  Too short for a fence, good height to protect the pipes from sliding sideways.

No comments: