Monday, September 25, 2023

Last corral fence repair... for now

Today I finished the last corral fence repair.   This fence breakage was back in mid-May.   Placing an extra gate here let me put off the repair until now.


I'm working around the time I'm spraying weeds so this fence repair took me a few days to complete.  Also slowing me down was that I mismeasured the length of the rails.  I thought they were 9 ft long.  No, they were 9 1/2 ft long.  I had to take the two 9 ft rails I found back to my pile and finder longer ones.  10 ft.  Okay, 10 ft rails will work as since the end goes past the post and has the loafing shed wall, a longer length is okay.

Also slowing me down is the 10 ft rails were a little thicker.  I had to cut the sections that go against the posts thinner.  That way I had long enough nails to nail them to the posts.



Now the corral is all repaired.  Just in time as this afternoon I let the cattle into the corral as I am going to start weaning the calves.

No comments: