Monday, August 28, 2023

Trimming Donna's trees

I helped Donna trim some of her trees the past three days.  Some of the trees that have branches over her driveway were getting low enough, as they were starting to grow downwards, that the UPS and FedEx trucks couldn't drive down her driveway.

So I got an extension ladder and climbed up to trim some of the branches.  Sometimes I had to put the extension ladder in the bed of my pickup to reach a branch.  One time as the cut end of the branch fell off the remaining branch rose higher.  Fortunately the ladder was high enough that the branch did not go above the ladder.  But it was closer than what I wanted.

Me and a saw trimming tree branches...  once I get started, I don't want to stop.  I also trimmed some low branches to make her lawn mowing easier. And the tree blocking light from her kitchen window.  I also trimmed a few branches that grew over the top of her arborvitae trees/shrubs.  Those were long and big branches and tonight I spent time trimming those fallen branches in order to get them out of the arborvitae trees/shrubs as last night I couldn't pull the fallen branches out of the arborvitae.

A couple hours on Saturday.  Three hours on Sunday.  A couple hours plus tonight.  Donna has a flatbed trailer she can pull behind her tractor.  Tonight, since I was done trimming branches, I helped load branches on the second load.  And then unload the branches onto her burn pile.  Donna now has a massive burn pile.  It was getting dark so I didn't get a photo of her tall burn pile.

I ended up breaking one of my saws.



Here is one of the branches that grew over and into the arborvitae.  The photo was taken after I trimmed most of the fallen branch in the arborvitae.  The fallen brnch was much longer and had "v"'d out so I couldn't pull it out of the arborvitae until I cut off all of the "v" sections.



Donna's dog, Rusty, 'helped' us.  Whenever I was kneeling on the ground to cut up a fallen branch Rusty would come and try to sit on my lap or legs and get petting from me.  And if I was cutting a branch up in the air I would have to make sure he wasn't standing underneath me and the branch.

No comments: