Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Other trees in the hawthorn tree area

Here are a few photos of other trees in the hawthorn tree area.  I think these trees in the next photos are either cottonwood or poplar trees.   Years ago I had a beaver chew through much of one tree until it fell.   I have eight or so left of these trees and I put chicken wire around the base of the other trees to stop the beaver.  It worked.   This is the only place on the ranch I have these trees.



Here you can see the cottonwood / poplar trees in the background of this photo.  The tall trees.  The hawthorn trees are the trees in the front of the photo.


This side of the hawthorn area had lots of evergreen trees (spruce) growing right next to one another.  I cut down a number of them to only have four spruce trees left.  That should give them room to grow.



Of spruce trees I had cut I left part of a few of them.  That is in case the cattle want to rub against them to scratch an itch.



Here is one of the downed Spruce trees from a few years ago.   I have enough firewood right now so I left this tree as it is.  It is off the ground so it will keep for a while and not rot.  Hawthorn trees are behind the fallen spruce tree.

No comments: