Sunday, August 27, 2023

Sprinklers put away for the year

Today I got the last of my sprinkler irrigation pipes put away and re-stacked.  I moved a sprinkler line on different days to avoid moving them all at once.

Prior to putting the pipes away, one day when I brought a bag of apples out to the cattle in the south pasture, number 8 got so excited at me coming with a bag of apples that she ran over to me.  Instead of stepping over the pipe like the cattle usually do, in her excitement she stepped on a pipe flattening it slightly.  I can't get the bend out.  Fortunately the pipe still works fine.



When I put the second sprinkler line away I discovered a riser had been broken off the pipe.  Most likely Haynes as he likes to rub his head against things.  Fortunately the end of the pipe and the riser are metal/steel and not aluminum like the rest of the pipe.   Curtis was able to weld the riser back on to the pipe for me.  He does a great job, even when the metal is thin.


The other day I noticed the former part of a tree stump was moved away from where I store it.  The second photo is when I put the tree stump back to where I store it.   Again, I think Haynes was 'playing' with the tree stump.

No comments: