Friday, August 04, 2023

Sleeping cattle. Tree branch

The days are warm to hot.   Here are the cattle area taking a break this afternoon.  Many calves are sleeping.




This calf is sleeping with his head under the temporary corral panels.


I also cut off a box elder tree branch growing over the tool shed.  It was starting to rub on the roof as you can see in the second photo.   I let the cattle eat the leaves off the branch.

Cutting the branch was a little tricky.  A few days ago I trimmed other branches growing against the tool shed roof.  When I got to this branch I discovered a bunch of hornets.  I got stung.  The hornets were living in the back wall of the tool shed and would go in-and-out through a small hole in the wall.  My wasp/hornet spray wouldn't spray anymore.  I had to wait until the morning when it was cooler, and the hornets were not as active, to try to fill the hole with caulk.  It took a couple of mornings to block the hole.  Then I discovered the hornets would go in-and-out between two boards.  Still had no spray.  This time in the morning I was careful and cut the branch.  Didn't get stung today.

No comments: