Wednesday, August 16, 2023

More second hay cutting

I want to finish my second hay cutting for this year as soon as possible. So today I did not take my afternoon sleep.  I only had 5 hours of sleep last night.  Instead, this morning, after moving irrigation pipes I got some more diesel for the tractor to make sure I would have enough.  Then, after eating breakfast, I started my hay cutting at 11:10 am.  I worked non-stop until 7:45 pm when I went to move irrigation pipes again.  4 hours moving irrigation pipes plus 8-and 1/2-hours cutting hay.  No wonder I'm tired.

I ended up cutting 18 rows of hay.  That means I now have cut 23 rows. 

I mostly cut in the slowest gear.  Then for the last few rows I went up a gear to the second lowest gear.  That worked.  I'll try to keep using that gear tomorrow.

If all works well I should be done with the cutting tomorrow.

No comments: