Sunday, August 20, 2023

Baling is done

This afternoon I finished baling my hayfield.  It took me just an hour and a half to do the work.  No problems at all.  It took me longer to clean the baler as I didn't get done until a quarter to six.  Donna said I should try to get the bales into the hayshed as soon as possible.  She was right about when I should cut my hayfield and she is probably right about the need to get the bales into the hayshed as soon as I can.  But I wanted to move the irrigation pipes this evening as I want to get done with my irrigation as soon as I can.   I made 30 bales in my second hay cutting.  To put them into the hayshed I need to first move the 30 bales from last year out, then back in after this year's bales are put into the hayshed.  This will take time.  Time I did not have this evening.  Rain is strongly in the weather forecast for tomorrow.  At least the hay is baled.  The round bales protect most of the hay as the water mostly sheds off the bale.

No comments: