Monday, August 21, 2023

Hay bales stacked

Once again Donna was right.  She said I needed now to get my hay bales into the hayshed as we were going to get a lot of rain today.  This morning I finished moving my irrigation pipes at 8:50 am.  No rain yet.  I immediately started on my hay bales.

First off was to remove last year's bales from the hayshed.  That was done by 9:50 am.  Then I went and got my 30 bales from the hayfield.  I finished that at 12:15 pm.   As I put the last hayfield bale into the hayshed it began to sprinkle.

I got last year's bales back into the hayshed and finished at 1:15 pm.  As I did it began to sprinkle harder.  We got .01 inch of rain by then.  Not much rain considering we got 3/4 of an inch of rain the rest of the day.

I had breakfast and then at 2 pm I went back to bed.  I slept until 7:30 pm.  I got up and went out in the rain to turn off my irrigation pump since we had got enough rain.  I have three valves left before I had planned on stopping irrigation.  With this much rain, I may stop now.  I'll see how things look in a few days.

So happy to be done with hay cutting and baling for the year.  And to possibly be done with irrigation also.  Now on to the other projects I want to get done and had to put off due to the hay work and irrigation work.

Last year's bales.

Here you can see the difference in this year's bales and last year's bales.



Bales all stacked.  About a row and a half outside the hayshed.   If you look above the hay bales ad towards the rafters, you can see a few streaks of rain.


Photo taken in the evening after 3/4 inch of rain.

No comments: