Sunday, August 13, 2023

Last of the Hawthorn photos for now

Here are the last of the hawthorn photos from the work I did cutting some of the hawthorns this Spring.

Before

After

Before and After.


Another after photo.


Before

Before and After.



Some more after photos.  This area was fairly dense.  No before photos as it wasn't that photographical.



This tree I left part of the broken branches.   I didn't want to get a ladder to reach higher than what I could from the ground.



Even though those branches are broken, after a few weeks leaves started to come out again.




This is an area I had cut the trees to remove them 44 years ago when I was much younger.  Dad maintained the area so the trees didn't come back.  The trees in the background are the property line and how this area formerly looked back then.



In some areas the trees are trying to come back.



A new chain when I started, and this is how the chain looked when I got done.  I had to replace this chain to cut my pile of branches at the end.  The chainsaw bar is fully extended.  That is how much the chain stretched.


I'm glad to be done with the hawthorn cutting.  Maybe this Fall, maybe next Spring I will cut some more of the hawthorn trees.

No comments: