Monday, July 31, 2023

Cattle into NE pasture

This morning when I woke up I saw that the irrigation sprinklers were not at full blast.  One of the sprinkler risers in the NE pasture had unscrewed itself and created a geyser.  I fixed it then ran the sprinkler lines in the south hayfield today.  I re-ran the NE pasture sprinkler line this evening and overnight.

The north pasture grass is down so I let the cattle into the NE pasture this morning.  That lasted almost a day before the cattle started to complain.  So this evening I let them in the corral to eat the grass there.  That will last a day.

In the north pasture waiting to be let into the NE pasture.

And they're off!

The calves have seen the irrigation pipes in the hayfield, but this is the first time they saw a line laid out.  Of course they had to immediately check the pipes out.




I have a few tires in the north pasture under the tree.  I guess the cattle had to play with a few tires and move them around.

No comments: