Saturday, June 03, 2023

Salt feeder repaired

My cattle get bored when they are in the corral for a few months.  They play with doors, gates, fences, and now the salt feeder.  I last repaired this salt feeder back in July 2021.

https://tallpinesranch.blogspot.com/2021/07/two-salt-feeders-repaired.html

I would have thought the feeder would last more than two years, but, no, not with my cattle.  The legs on one end were completely demolished.  You can see I had wrapped wire around the feeder to hold it against the fence and upright.  Only half of the wire remained.


Yesterday I cut some boards and added two new legs to the one end.  Now that the cattle are out in the north pasture I moved the feeder back to its north pasture location.


Now, we'll see how long this repair work will last.

No comments: