Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Petunias

This morning Donna got me out of bed to receive some flowers.  Her sister Jane had extra petunias and Donna doesn't have any more place to put the flowers.  Then she remembered my tulip beds around my house.  Most of the tulips are gone so I have room for the flowers.

By the time I got out of bed Donna already had found a hoe to work the dirt.  My shovel is still out where I am getting rid of some hawthorn trees.   Her sister Jane showed up shortly with the petunias and they planted them for me.  It makes my place look prettier.  Now my job is to keep the petunias watered and alive.

We'll see how the petunias will do.  I don't know where they were last night/this morning.   I see our temperature had dropped briefly this morning before 4:30 am down to 31 degrees.   June has been a cold month for us.   We struggle to have a high temperature of 60 degrees.  Colder than normal.  Our overnight low tonight was predicted to be 40 degrees.  It is 39 degrees right now.  I hope we warm up soon.

No comments: