Friday, March 19, 2021

Ditch burning, part 1

Thursday was a nice day with little wind.  When riding my bicycle on Wednesday and Thursday I saw a few other people burning their ditches.  And last weekend my northern neighbor burnt a little of his ditch, and then the tall grass growing along my fence line where he didn't mow the grass last year.   So I decided to start burning some of my ditch from the northern property line up to my driveway.

At this time I didn't want to burn some of the NE pasture to get rid of the fallen pine needles and the taller grass there as the cattle don't eat that grass down due to the needles.  I may burn this section a different day.  So I raked a line between the ditch and this area so the fire wouldn't go there.  I also started the burn so the fire would have to go upwind and be slower.


No comments: