Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Calf 7 and Calf 8

Donna told me not to say that the calves' ball did not drop.  Instead say their testicle did not drop.  She is a medical person.  Monday was cold and rainy so we didn't check if the calves other testicle dropped.  Tuesday was nice, so we checked.  The testicles still did not drop.  What?   I talked to a few other cattle people I know and they said they usual wait until after a week to ten days before banding the testicles.  They felt my calves other testicle will eventually drop.  So I will have to wait longer.

We did place ear tags on the calves.

Red still has a bad limp when she walks.

Here are a couple photos of these calves from Tuesday morning after our snow.

Red and her calf

In the background along the fence is Little Red and her calf


No comments: