Sunday, April 01, 2018

Calf 7 - 90's

Overnight last night calf 7 was born. Another heifer!!   The sixth heifer in a row.  When the mother saw Donna and I approaching in the afternoon the mother knew what was up and tried to hustle her calf away from us.  After I put the ear tag on the calf they spent the rest of the day in the trees closer to the river.  The mother didn't even come when I put hay out at 6 pm.  I imagine she will be really hungry tomorrow morning as the mother also didn't come earlier when I fed the cows this morning.

I don't know why, but the calf doesn't have a tail other than a short stub.

Note: my camera lens is not dirty.  We had off-and-on snowflakes this afternoon.  No snow stuck but enough fell to make the pavement all wet.




"Kid, Let's get out of here before they do something else!"

No comments: