Sunday, April 22, 2018

Temporary corral

This morning I put up the green temporary corral panels to make the corral a little larger for the cattle.    The grass is finally starting to grow so I don't want the cattle out in the pasture so as to give the grass a head start.  With the temporary corral I hope to keep the cattle in one or the other part of the coral so I can restock their hay feeder without them getting in the way.

I had stored the green corral panels in the NE pasture, and when I finished building the temporary corral I forgot to close the gate to the NE pasture.  Four cows and four calves made it into the NE pasture before I noticed the gate was open.   I had my neighbor Curtis man the gate while I rounded up the cattle and herded them back through the gate.




A correction to my earlier post about Donna not liking Mama cow.  Mama cow doesn't like Donna.  When Donna was visiting, Mama came to the corral fence.  When Donna walked over to the fence to talk to and maybe pet Mama, Mama put her head through the fence to try to chase Donna away.  Mama then brought her head back into the corral and shook her head at Donna.  So, no, Mama cow doesn't like Donna.  I think I am the only person Mama cow likes (or at least tolerates).

No comments: