Monday, April 02, 2018

Calf 8 - 40's

This morning I found a new calf.  I expected Panda to give birth next due to how swollen she was.  Nope.  Cow #40 gave birth.

This time the calf was a boy.  About time after six straight heifers.

I straddled the calf to hold him down while banding him.  He then peed on my leg.




Mama - as you can see in the above photo - watched as Donna and I banded and tagged the calf.  After the mother cow and calf walked out of the corral Mama came out of the loafing shed and began to charge Donna.  I yelled at Mama to stop and 'knock it off' and she did.


Later in the afternoon I went to add water to the water trough for the two cows and calves.  As you can see Patrick is out cold.  He woke up and moved when I brought a garden hose to the trough.


No comments: