Saturday, April 07, 2018

March bicycling mileage

Snow again today.    This has been a long Winter as our first snow was on November 1st.  Where is global warming when you need it?!!!

This was the weekend of the annual Creston auction.  Due to the weather I didn't go.

Anyway.... I thought I'd update you on my March bicycle mileage.   I rode 1025 miles in March.  By far the most ever during any March (the previous maximum was 605 miles).  The 1025 miles double the mileage ridden this year as on March 31 I had ridden 2050 for the year (also a new maximum).

I looked back in my records and found the last time I had ridden 1000 or more miles in a month was way back in October 1997.  20 years and 5 months ago!   I thought it has been a while since I had ridden at 1000 miles in a month but did not realize it was that long ago.  I was a younger whippersnapper back then!

The last week of March I rode 290 miles.  Other than going on a week bicycle tour in 2000 and 2002, the last time I rode more miles in a week was 310 miles in September 1999.  Again, a long time ago.

Now that I am in the first week of April my mileage has gone down considerably.  Partly due to our bad weather and partly to take a break from all that riding.  I have only ridden 124 miles the first seven days of April.

No comments: