Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Hay and harrowing

Dan called this morning.  He had three more hay bales he thought I would be interested in.  The bales were slightly smaller - about a hundred pounds or so - than the previous hay bales I bought from him.  I think the hay may be one year older.  The price was right - $15 a bale.  So I bought them.  For now I am storing the hay bales in the loading corral to keep them away from the cattle.




With the cattle in the NE pasture I took down the temporary corral panels in the north pasture outside the corral.  I drug the harrow around the area to break up the manure and leftover hay.

Before

After

The cattle are eating the grass down in the NE pasture.  There is still grass left but all of it has been partially eaten.  The cattle want uneaten grass and sometimes complain when they see me out and about in the yard.  The cattle are so spoiled.

Cow #7 tried to push through the gate to get into the fruit tree and garden area's uneaten grass.  I then reinforced the gate.

Buddy complains when he can't see the cows in the NE pasture.

Other times the cows are nice and take their siesta in the corral and this makes Buddy happy.  As you can see in the background I restacked the pile of logs the two cows had partially knocked down.  It took me around five or six times of restacking before the restacking held.




No comments: