Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Not scours

Buster was back to his normal self today.  No more diarrhea.  His stool is back to normal.  So I stopped feeding him liquids via a tube down his throat.  He must have had some odd 24-hour bug or something and not scours.

Last night I put out a new large hay bale in the feeder in the pasture.  Today I found the cattle had pulled a lot of the hay out of the feeder and spread it around the feeder.  In effect wasting the hay as the cattle then walk and go to the bathroom on it.  I'm not sure why they do this in the Spring and not in the Winter.  Are the cows trying to get hay down to their calves?

The cattle do like to lay on hay.  When I was dragging the harrow in the north pasture I saw most of the calves and one cow laying in the old leftover hay the cattle did not eat from the previous large hay bale.  The calves looked all as snug as a bug in a rug.

I finished dragging the harrow across the middle pasture.  I got half of the north pasture done.   Making progress for a change.

No comments: