Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cattle behaving

The cattle have behaved since their jailbreak.  On Friday I was sore from the dental work to prepare for my crown so I didn't get to fixing the jailbreak area until Saturday.

I didn't want the cattle see me do the work as they are very curious as to what I do and often come when I am working or else after I am done to check out my work.

The cattle came towards the river side of the pasture before I got all my tools and material staged along my fence to go over and fix the fence along the river on Wyatt's property.

So I had to wait until they got bored and drifted off.

Momma stared wistfully at the taller grass on the other side of the fence.  Baby is next to her.


I had a few cattle who wanted to sniff or lick my clothes.


The three cattle in back are my cattle.  60 and 70 are the flighty steers.  Notice they have their ears back until they relaxed a little bit.


I got the fence fixed and improved in a few spots.  I never had cattle cross at the deep part of the river's bend, but there is always a first time for everything related to cattle.

No comments: