Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cutting and packing

Yesterday I fixed my brother's sink which had a clogged pipe.  One of the nuts broke when I removed the pipe using a pipe wrench.  I got it in my head that I needed to replace that part of the trap pipe.  Well... the style now a days is for the pipe to be a male while my brother's old pipe is a female.  I was not about to replace all the pipes especially the pipe that goes into the wall.  I thought I would have to go to a plumbing retail store and not just Menards or Ace hardware when the light went on in my head and realized I only had to replace the nut as the pipe had some years in it before it gets too corroded.  Now the sink is fixed.


The garbage men had not come when I got up this morning. They were running late.   So I immediately went to work trimming tree branches.  The garbage men didn't come for over two hours to I got plenty of branches trimmed.  Of course there are many more trees and the hedge left to trim.

In addition to seeing the branches, you can also see the old chair my brother replaced yesterday.


The garbage men took the garbage and chair and one pile of the branches.  They said they would be back later this week to get the rest of the branches.


While on Sunday evening we had packed the unsold garage sale stuff into boxes, in the afternoon today my brother and I worked on packing the unsold garage sale stuff back up into the garage's attic.  First I wanted to look over and organize the other stuff in the garage attic.  We got rid of old boxes, carpet, carpet pads, old machinery parts, plant food, bird foods, etc. and freed up lots of storage.

The attic has no vents so while outside got to 77 degrees F it was hotter in the attic.  I took a break after cleaning and organizing.  As you can see my jeans are soaked from sweat except of their very bottom.


In the evening we packed up the garage sale stuff into the attic (the attic was still hot)  and swept out the garage and are done now.

No comments: