Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Hayshed post

Eventually I will get around to rebuilding the fence that runs between the corral and the hayshed.  When the previous owners built the hayshed they placed it a yard or so from the fence dividing the NE pasture from the North pasture.  This space between the shed and the fence has been annoying as the livestock would walk in the area then have to back out as there was not enough room to turn around.

The past few years I have blocked access to this area behind the hayshed with a goal of 'fixing' the fence.  When I rebuilt the corral I hung a gate in the location I wanted to move the fence.



This year I put in a railroad tie at the corner of the hayshed and bent the barb wire fence over to the railroad tie for time being until I get time to rebuild the rest of the fence.

I removed the fence behind the hayshed to allow the livestock access on the west side of the hayshed.  It is good to keep the grass level low next to the hayshed and not allow the grass to get tall and dry.

Before...

After...   a cleaner and simpler look.



Daisy 'helped' me put in the railroad tie.  Follow this link to see photos and a video of Daisy 'helping' me.

http://tallpinescat.blogspot.com/2013/06/hayshed-post-help.html

No comments: