Sunday, June 16, 2013

Garage Sale: Day 2

Another slow day at the garage sale. We kept selling stuff, though not as much as yesterday.  Still it was worthwhile as we got rid of more stuff.

Talking with some long time garage salers I got the impression that people don't go to garage sales like they used to do.  Perhaps it is due to the rise of Goodwill and others stores selling used items.

Yesterday a couple of funny guys stopped and bought stuff.  The one originally from Texas mowed lawns and the other was originally from Tennessee (hence his nickname) and his strong accent.  "Tennessee" bought a pizza cooking pan though he had to borrow money from the Texas guy.  At the end of yesterday I remembered I had a female bicycle Dad owned.  I got it out of Devan's storage area.  Today "Texas" came by with a woman and bought it.  They used her can of change to come up with $15 for the bicycle.  So we ended up with lots more change than usual.  While the sale had stuff priced in increments of 25 cents we ended up with lots of dimes and nickels.

Even though the ad said we ended at 4pm we took our time and didn't close up until almost 5pm and made a few extra dollars as a result.

We have most of the stuff boxed up after throwing some items away.  I didn't toss much as during this sale I sold stuff that I had in the last sale, and in that sale I sold stuff from previous sales.  And I have more stuff to get out of the house to put in another sale.  A sale this or next Fall as I didn't have a chance this time to go through and put out mom's Christmas stuff.

The plan tomorrow is to haul the stuff back up into the garage attic.  Some of my stuff I am taking to Montana.  Tammy, like Devan, has little enthusiasm for holding a garage sale but I think I have enough stuff for a sale back in Montana later this year.

No comments: