Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stump bonfire 1 for 2012

In May Tammy and I held our first tree stump bonfire for 2012.  We burned a stump I had dug around last Fall.  The stump was one that barely stuck above ground and I never noticed it until the grass was short.


Half of the crap I ripped out of my bathroom remodel was also burnt to get the fire going hot enough to burn the stump.



Tammy thought this tree root looked like a snake for part of the fire.


Later part of the bonfire.



It was late when we came back home after the bonfire.  After 2 am.



Everything burned except for one of the main stumps.  I took an ax to it.


Compare this photo to an earlier photo showing the stump.



Once I let the cattle into the middle pasture I had to fill the hole in for two reasons.  First I didn't want any of the cattle to accidentally fall in the hole.  Second is that cattle like to play in dirt and the nice tidy dirt pile next to the hole would be spread out all over once the cattle got to it.

After I filled in the hole the cattle came over to check out my work.


A video of several cattle checking out the filled in tree stump.  57 seconds long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-0TMkH1Ih4&feature=youtu.be


A 2:38 video of three parts of the bonfire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xerxayuZS-E&feature=youtu.be

No comments: