Saturday, July 07, 2012

Neighbor logs

Friday Jamie picked up the logs my neighbor sold to the sawmill for $20 a ton.  I decided not to sell some of my fallen trees.  I will use them for firewood.    The neighbor's logs that were too short for the sawmill (under 16 ft I believe) I got for firewood for cleaning up all the branches from the tree.  Several people suggested that my neighbor try to sell these logs to a guy who carves bears from logs using a chainsaw.  But my neighbors couldn't find the guy people talked about.

These logs from a fir tree are very dense and very heavy.  Jamie offered to haul them over to my yard to save me from cutting them up in the neighbor's yard.  He loaded his trailer with the logs and carried over a couple logs (foreground in the photo) using his Bobcat loader.  We then rolled the logs off the trailer as they are too heavy to lift.


Now I need to finish cleaning my chainsaw so I can get back to cutting.

No comments: