Thursday, July 05, 2012

Front yard tree

As you know by now, the sudden Saturday June 23 storm took out the very large tree in the front yard by the road.  I really liked this tree and am sad to lose it.

Here are photos of the fallen tree and the work to clean it up.  It took several days to cut and clean up the tree.



Just after the storm and the view the next morning.


The wind blew this humongous tree a good distance from the tree stump!  The top of this tree also hit the power lines!






Tammy helped with the clean up.



The stumps were so large Tammy and I had to roll them into the pickup using these poles.  The weight of one stump had broke one of the previous poles I had used.


Multiple loads of branches were hauled to the pasture.






At the end of the first day I was so tired I needed a little "boost".   Isn't it strange that there is a hard to remove foil on top of the bottle?  One is tired and then they have to struggle to remove the foil.



Videos of cutting the front yard tree.

 The trunk was more than twice the size of my little 16 inch chainsaw bar.   5 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM-Mc4871Ec&feature=youtu.be


This guy cut fallen trees at Bob and Jan's place.  I let him dump their cut trees in my pasture.  First he had to help cut a path through my driveway.  He had a large chainsaw.  16 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2FDLX_ySQs&feature=youtu.be

No comments: