Monday, May 07, 2012

Remodel Bat

I'm still here.  The bathroom "remodel" turned out to be much more than a remodel.  I don't know of the right word... "reconstruction"?  "Re-build"?  "Re-invention"?   Whatever it is called I am sure it would have made great TV for those home remodeling shows.

The bathroom ended up being stripped down to just the studs, a hidden wood ceiling, and the sewer pipe.  Everything else was removed.  Here is much of what was removed along with some left over stuff from the work done so far.


I am not done with the bathroom - far from it!   We all thought the work would mostly be done by now.  After nine long days of hard work my uncles Curt and Larry had to return home due to previous commitments.  They are in their late 60s and are amazing as they did the work of men much younger than their years and were a great help to me.

I've been too busy to blog about the progress but I'll try to get photos out again.  I'll probably set each blog's posting date to the date of the work, so the post may read funny as over a week has passed by the time I get to posting it.


Here is a photo from May 6.   When we disconnected the exhaust pipe from the double oven we found this at the top of the oven.  It looks to be a bat skeleton.


No comments: