Friday, May 25, 2012

Let out once again

It rained like the dickens over noon today.  Not just rained - it poured.  The rain started for real once I drove out to my wood pile for burning tree stumps.  I had to wait inside the pickup for a while before I could unload the wood.  With the cool temperatures we have now, the inside of the windows fogged up.

When I got back to the corral the cattle were dry as they were laying in the loafing shed.  "Red" - the steer with the big belly - was in the loading corral and, without shelter, was wet.  I planned on keeping him there another day but he was so wet I took pity on him and let him out into the corral to join the others.

Did he?  No.  He wandered over to the feeder.  The feeder only had the left over hay.  I had been feeding him so he wasn't starving.  He nibbled a little bit and occasionally glanced my way.  Then he stood over the feeder and chewed his cud.  He has such a nice gentle disposition I don't think he was being defiant and rubbing it in to me.

Tonight he looked fine.  Maybe he got over his "pigging out" on hay.  We'll see.



He looks good now.  He just needed to floss to get that piece of hay out of teeth.

No comments: