Monday, May 07, 2012

Demolishing the bathroom

The first full day my uncles were here (Sunday) we demolished the bathroom.  And judging from what we found at the end of this evening, we are not done yet with the demolishing.

We went full at it: cutting, pounding, pushing, pulling and cutting some more.

A saving grace is where I discovered the wooden ceiling above the fiberboard.  I didn't discover it until I had cleared some of the loose insulation from above the bathroom.

Here is how I get up into the attic and over into the old original house section where the bathroom is located.


I cleared part of the way of insulation so I could get to the bathroom ceiling on the left.


This is after I cleared and swept some of the original loose insulation under the batts I had added years ago..  This is where I discovered the boards.  I went back down to the bathroom and then pulled down the fiberboard and found the wood ceiling.



Here is the south view:


Here is the north view.


Notice the double oven is gone.



Here is where the sink used to be.  The square with the flashlight and blowtorch is where the medicine cabinet used to be recessed into the wall.


No comments: