Thursday, May 03, 2012

Bathroom fixtures

Tammy and I are going to completely remodel the house's bathroom.   The goals are to get rid of the pink fixtures and to put a shower inside the bathroom.  My uncles Curt and Larry are driving here to help us as they are experienced re-modelers.  They plan to arrive Saturday night.  Next week we will be hard at work.

Because my uncles will be here a limited time I wanted to make sure we had all the new fixtures.  If the fixtures are not in stock it takes a week to ten days to arrive - too long to wait.  Tammy found the fixtures she and I like at Lowes.  I spent over a thousand dollars   and got all the major fixtures:
  • mirror
  • sink
  • vanity to hold a sink
  • two piece linen closet, and
  • a toilet
While there are fiberglass showers one can buy, a combination of
  • they did not appeal to me, and 
  • my bathroom's small size 
 led us to try to build and tile a shower.

Even though I have a well for water, I am still interested in saving water. So we bought an American Standard duel flush toilet


Not including the toilet which we got a few days earlier, here are fixtures.  A full pickup load.  Good thing I have a full sized box on my pickup.


The day we got the fixtures it was rainy.  I brought a number of tarps to protect the boxes from the rain but by the time we got to the store the rain had quit.  I guess it was meant to be for me to get these bathroom fixtures.

No comments: