Saturday, May 05, 2012

More bathroom demolition

I worked more on my bathroom demolition.

I stripped the north wall down of everything but the studs supporting the double oven.  I had hopes of getting rid of the studs as the left one is right against the corner of the bathtub.  The cast iron tub is very heavy and even though I unscrewed the drain pipe connection, the pipes still stay together when I attempt to move the tub.



As you can see I started to remove the inner 1 by 10 boards on one wall.  It is slow going as the nails are tough to remove and if I am not careful the boards will split.  I think the boards are classic and worth keeping.


This used to be an outer wall.  No insulation is inside the wall.  To seal the cracks they stapled cardboard to the inside of the wall.


The photo below shows they also used newspaper to seal the cracks.


Friday my Uncle Curt called and tried to say something came up and he and Larry wouldn't be able to come help.  I know my uncles so I didn't fall for it.

No comments: