Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Windy

Tuesday the wind blew like I hadn't felt in a long time. The weather forecaster said the peak gust was 45 mph in my part of the Valley. It gusted to over 60 mph in the NE part of the Valley. And when the wind didn't gust, it blew a steady 15-25 mph. If I enjoyed this wind (and I don't!) I'd move back to southern Minnesota or North Dakota. That is what the wind today reminded me of.

Apparently it worse east of the Divide. East of the mountains they had a blizzard today.

In the afternoon I decided to clean up some of the tree branches I had cut earlier this month. I picked up two heaping pickup loads of branches. No fun in the wind.

I also dug around two more tree stumps for burning at a later date. With the strong wind and cool temperatures (40s F) I only planned to quickly check the gopher traps. But I can't help myself when going by some of the tree stumps. Eventually the grass will grow obscuring the stumps and I'll move on to other things.

I also worked more on fixing my cattle feeder trough.

No comments: